From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Marc Schiffbauer <mschiff@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] <>-DEPENDS
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 15:17:14
1 Dnia 2015-09-07, o godz. 14:35:07
2 Marc Schiffbauer <mschiff@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > I'd like to propose a new kind of DEPEND syntax: <>
5 >
6 > This would mean "Any version but the one specified" and is usefull when
7 > you have a dependency on another package but a single version of it is
8 > not compatible for example.
9 >
10 > I currently have this case in app-backup/obnam which is not compatible
11 > to =dev-python/paramiko-1.13.0
12 >
13 > In DEPEND I now have this:
14 >
15 > !=dev-python/paramiko-1.13.0
16 > || ( <dev-python/paramiko-1.13.0 >dev-python/paramiko-1.13.0 )
17 >
18 > which does the trick, but I think much more straight forward would be:
19 >
20 > <>dev-python/paramiko-1.13.0
21 >
22 > which would be the exact opposite of =dev-python/paramiko-1.13.0
23
24 What if you want to exclude two versions? This looks like an even worse
25 case of the > + < -dep problem.
26
27 > An alternate syntax would be (but I'd prefer the former):
28 >
29 > !=dev-python/paramiko-1.13.0
30
31 This is a blocker syntax, so it's used already.
34 Best regards,
35 Michał Górny
36 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>