From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] multilib-build.eclass and restricting unsupported ABIs
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 14:33:18
1 Davide Pesavento schrieb:
2 > On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Alexis Ballier schrieb:
4 >>> On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 21:17:50 +0100
5 >>> Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o> wrote:
6 >>>> dev-db/mysql abiwrapper
7 >>>> dev-lang/perl abiwrapper
8 >>>> dev-lang/python abiwrapper
9 >>>> dev-lang/ruby abiwrapper
10 >>>> dev-libs/gobject-introspection abiwrapper
11 >>>> dev-libs/libIDL abiwrapper
12 >>>> dev-scheme/guile abiwrapper
13 >>>> net-libs/courier-authlib abiwrapper
14 >>>> dev-qt/qtcore abiwrapper
15 >>>> dev-qt/qtgui abiwrapper
16 >>>> media-libs/fontconfig abiwrapper
17 >>>> www-servers/apache abiwrapper
18 >>>> x11-libs/pango abiwrapper
19 >>>> x11-libs/gtk+ abiwrapper
20 >>>
21 >>>
22 >>> Since you are doing this per-package and not per-binary: Do you happen
23 >>> to remember/have a list of the binaries that have abi-specific output?
24 >>>
25 >>> Also, for the qmake example, do you have an example of difference
26 >>> between qmake32 and qmake64?
27 >>>
28 >>> Alexis.
29 >>>
30 >>
31 >> I dont have a list of binaries, i either noticed myself some
32 >> abi-specific behaviour or got user reports for abi-specific behaviour.
33 >> As an example i remember, dev-libs/libIDL has a config binary not
34 >> matching the usual *-config scheme (libIDL-config-2), so instead of
35 >> adding a random list of patterns, i simply added that package to the
36 >> list of packages with wrapped binaries. The same applies to mysql, which
37 >> has a mysql_config binary.
38 >>
39 >> I am not sure about the target of your qmake question, so as a general
40 >> answer:
41 >>
42 >> qmake is something like configure for qmake based build systems. If you
43 >> want to see the difference between qmake (32bit) and qmake (64bit), run
44 >> a 64bit qmake on a qmake based package and do the same with a 32bit
45 >> qmake and check the difference between the 2 runs.
48 > Isn't this solvable by passing the right mkspec to a 64-bit qmake?
49 >
50 > Thanks,
51 > Pesa
55 Bug 304971 - dev-qt/qtcore stores machine-specific information in
56 /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs
57
58 in short: since the install location for the mkspec files is not
59 abi-specific, you only have either 32bit or 64bit ones around, but not both.
60
61 So if you get upstream to place those files into an abi-specific dir,
62 get qmake to use the mkspec files from the right dir for the currently
63 active ABI and got all older versions of qmake removed from user
64 systems, then we might not need to anymore wrap qmake.
68 Thomas Sachau
69 Gentoo Linux Developer