From: Davide Pesavento <pesa@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] multilib-build.eclass and restricting unsupported ABIs
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 03:17:30
1 On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o> wrote:
2 > Alexis Ballier schrieb:
3 >> On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 21:17:50 +0100
4 >> Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o> wrote:
5 >>> dev-db/mysql abiwrapper
6 >>> dev-lang/perl abiwrapper
7 >>> dev-lang/python abiwrapper
8 >>> dev-lang/ruby abiwrapper
9 >>> dev-libs/gobject-introspection abiwrapper
10 >>> dev-libs/libIDL abiwrapper
11 >>> dev-scheme/guile abiwrapper
12 >>> net-libs/courier-authlib abiwrapper
13 >>> dev-qt/qtcore abiwrapper
14 >>> dev-qt/qtgui abiwrapper
15 >>> media-libs/fontconfig abiwrapper
16 >>> www-servers/apache abiwrapper
17 >>> x11-libs/pango abiwrapper
18 >>> x11-libs/gtk+ abiwrapper
21 >> Since you are doing this per-package and not per-binary: Do you happen
22 >> to remember/have a list of the binaries that have abi-specific output?
23 >>
24 >> Also, for the qmake example, do you have an example of difference
25 >> between qmake32 and qmake64?
26 >>
27 >> Alexis.
30 > I dont have a list of binaries, i either noticed myself some
31 > abi-specific behaviour or got user reports for abi-specific behaviour.
32 > As an example i remember, dev-libs/libIDL has a config binary not
33 > matching the usual *-config scheme (libIDL-config-2), so instead of
34 > adding a random list of patterns, i simply added that package to the
35 > list of packages with wrapped binaries. The same applies to mysql, which
36 > has a mysql_config binary.
37 >
38 > I am not sure about the target of your qmake question, so as a general
39 > answer:
40 >
41 > qmake is something like configure for qmake based build systems. If you
42 > want to see the difference between qmake (32bit) and qmake (64bit), run
43 > a 64bit qmake on a qmake based package and do the same with a 32bit
44 > qmake and check the difference between the 2 runs.
47 Isn't this solvable by passing the right mkspec to a 64-bit qmake?
48
49 Thanks,
50 Pesa