From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Customised Gentoo "system"
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:34:40
1 On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 03:21:48PM -0400, Sean Mitchell wrote:
2
3 > Perfect. The more I learn about this little beauty the more I like it!
4 >
5 > So basically all that's needed to create a custom gentoo based distro is to
6 > edit the /etc/make.profile/packages file.
7
8 Well, /etc/make.profile is a symlink to /usr/portage/profiles/default, so any
9 changes you make inside /etc/make.profile will be erased the next time you do
10 an emerge rsync. A better technique is to copy /usr/portage/profiles/default
11 to another location outside of /usr/portage (/etc would be fine) and then hack
12 away.
13
14 Best Regards,
17 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>