From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Should we switch IRC client defaults off Freenode?
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 09:45:30
1 On Wed, 2021-06-16 at 12:43 +0300, Joonas Niilola wrote:
2 > On 16.6.2021 12.13, Michał Górny wrote:
3 > > Hi, everyone.
4 > >
5 > > We've moved our official support channels from Freenode to Libera.chat.
6 > > All that's happened afterwards pretty much proves that this was
7 > > the right decision. Maybe even to the point of saying that staying
8 > > on Freenode would be dangerous to our users (e.g. because of the late
9 > > NickServ impersonations, ops with bad reputation etc.).
10 > >
11 > > However, there are still IRC clients in Gentoo that default to Freenode.
12 > > I think the next questions we need to answer are:
13 >
14 > Examples? Is the list huge?
15 > https://packages.gentoo.org/categories/net-irc
18 I've just seen hexchat being updated, didn't investigate further.
21 Best regards,
22 Michał Górny