From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Linux 2.6.21 plans
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 00:01:42
1 Hi,
2
3 2.6.21 was released today. Testing muchly appreciated as usual -- please
4 file bugs and clearly mark them as 2.6.21 regressions if that is the case.
5
6 There will probably be several packages unable to compile/load due to
7 internal kernel API changes, as usual. Please make these block bug
8 #176188 and please do treat these bugs with relatively high priority.
9
10 I'm hoping that we'll be able to return to our usual release cycle of
11 pushing to get 2.6.21 marked stable in 3 weeks time, plus a week for
12 ironing out the final few issues.
13
14 This means that we may be pushing for 2.6.21 stable on x86 and amd64 on
15 May 17th. If important issues come up (which they may well do), this
16 will obviously be delayed, but do keep this date in mind.
17
18 Thanks,
19 Daniel
20 --