From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Linux 2.6.21 plans
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 03:44:12
1 Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o> posted 46313C29.7050501@g.o,
2 excerpted below, on Thu, 26 Apr 2007 19:56:25 -0400:
3
4 > This means that we may be pushing for 2.6.21 stable on x86 and amd64 on
5 > May 17th. If important issues come up (which they may well do), this
6 > will obviously be delayed, but do keep this date in mind.
7
8 As I'm sure you are aware, there are more known regressions remaining
9 this time around. As with some others, I'm not all that confident this
10 kernel was ready for release just yet. Oh, well, I suppose there'll be a
11 2.6.21.1 and etc...
12
13 I'm running (vanilla) rc7-git10 ATM, and have two possible regressions
14 remaining here, which <details> kept me from properly testing and bugging
15 upstream in a timely manner. Both are regressions as they worked before,
16 but I'm not yet totally sure they are kernel regressions. Briefly,
17 amd64, (1) system clock to hardware clock isn't syncing now, I'm not sure
18 about hw2system as I use ntp, and (2) X was restoring after suspend to
19 disk, but now breaks, such that I immediately return to the console the
20 first time I try to switch to it after a suspend, and I must restart X.
21 I'm still working on isolating both of them to the kernel, and didn't
22 notice them until after rc7.
23
24 Just heads-up on bugs you may see... if others who haven't been testing
25 run into them as well.
30 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list