From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Linux 2.6.21 plans
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 04:27:17
1 On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 03:33:59AM +0000, Duncan wrote:
2 > Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o> posted 46313C29.7050501@g.o,
3 > excerpted below, on Thu, 26 Apr 2007 19:56:25 -0400:
4 >
5 > > This means that we may be pushing for 2.6.21 stable on x86 and amd64 on
6 > > May 17th. If important issues come up (which they may well do), this
7 > > will obviously be delayed, but do keep this date in mind.
8 >
9 > As I'm sure you are aware, there are more known regressions remaining
10 > this time around. As with some others, I'm not all that confident this
11 > kernel was ready for release just yet. Oh, well, I suppose there'll be a
12 > 2.6.21.1 and etc...
13
14 As no one was actually fixing any of the remaining bugs that were
15 reported, what were the kernel developers supposed to do, just sit
16 around and wait another week for no reason?
17
18 Now we have more people testing :)
19
20 And yes, this release might be a bit more unstable due to the large core
21 changes, but in my testing, I have had no problems.
22
23 thanks,
24
25 greg k-h