From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Linux 2.6.21 plans
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:32:29
1 Greg KH <gregkh@g.o> posted 20070427041626.GA4841@×××××.com,
2 excerpted below, on Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:16:26 -0700:
3
4 > As no one was actually fixing any of the remaining bugs that were
5 > reported, what were the kernel developers supposed to do, just sit
6 > around and wait another week for no reason?
7
8 I wasn't intending to second-guess the decision (who me, a little
9 nobody?), just pointing out that the ride to stability might not be so
10 smooth this time, both from my experience and in the opinion of the guy
11 who has been doing the regression tracking upstream...
12
13 > Now we have more people testing :)
14 >
15 > And yes, this release might be a bit more unstable due to the large core
16 > changes, but in my testing, I have had no problems.
17
18 Agreed with both sentiments, even if I'm having a couple minor problems
19 that could be related (unverified as yet).
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list