From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Maintainer notes in metadata.xml?
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 01:26:43
1 On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 6:30 AM, Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I was wondering if we have space already, or if others would feel
5 > strongly about making space for, maintainer notes in packages'
6 > metadata.xml.
7 >
8 [snip]
9 >
10 > What I'm thinking of is having some sort of <maintainernotes> element,
11 > but not a passive one that has to be tested for, rather something that
12 > repoman would spit out on the terminal when doing a scan/full.
13 >
14 > Comments?
15
16 Why don't we just encourage maintainers to add <!-- --> comments to
17 metadata.xml? I'd love to have a new element if the data to be stored
18 in that element would need to be parsed/categorized by external
19 programs, but otherwise xml comments would work just fine.
23 ~Nirbheek Chauhan
24
25 Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team