From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cvs+overlay script?
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 12:27:35
1 On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 19:01, George Shapovalov wrote:
2 > Well, I also use separate trees (and I know I am not the only one, as
3 > occasionally this kind of "bookkeeping" was coming up on irc, but apparently
4 > we are in minority for the most part :)), but when I process ebuilds or fix
5 > bugs I prefer to work in the "active", synced tree. When I am done with
6 > tinkering I simply copy stuff over into cvs tree and only perform
7 > updates/commits there.
8 > In case I terribly screw something up I don't even have to do any cleanup, as
9 > I have a habit to only touch my local cvs tree when I've finished processing
10 > and testing stuff, just emerge sync and carry over..
11 > Provides some isolation and a safer feeling if you ask me :).
12 > Oh, and it seems to require less additional actions than what you described ;)
13 > (usually just a single cp command, well, in addition to all the repoman
14 > scan... stuff that we have to do anyway).
15
16 Personally, this is how I do it. It keeps me from having to worry about
17 things like "did I add this to cvs already?" and other such things.
18 Plus it keeps my "work area" separate from cvs.
21 Chris Gianelloni
22 Developer, Gentoo Linux
23 Games Team
24