From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Peter Ruskin <aoyu93@×××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Menu - Some Comments
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:06:07
1 On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 06:02, Peter Ruskin wrote:
2 > My bad experience of Mandrake's menu implementation (copied from Debian)
3 > influences my reaction to your proposals. There they decided to
4 > disable kmenuedit and reroute all KDE menus into their own tree. I
5 > will have nothing to do with any such interference to a good, working
6 > menu system.
7
8 I actually like the idea of rerouting the DEFAULT menus to our own
9 tree. However, we definitely should not block the user from modifying
10 the menu in any way. The user-specific menu structure would remain the
11 same. At least that's how I see it.
14 Chris Gianelloni
15 Developer, Gentoo Linux