From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Handling downloads from sourceforge in an ebuild
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 19:27:36
1 On Wed, 26 May 2004 14:42:16 -0400 (EDT) "Josh Glover"
2 <jmglov@g.o> wrote:
3 | As a final note on the subject of netiquette, I would like to point
4 | out that it is polite to read *all* of a thread before posting an
5 | answer--this helps avoid duplicate posts of the sort we just saw on
6 | the "Handling downloads from sourceforge in an ebuild" thread.
7
8 I suspect the rash of duplicate responses to the original question came
9 about because the mailing lists were lagging by about half an hour at
10 the time. Although the Gentoo lists are usually pretty good, there are
11 sometimes delays -- when I sent out my reply to the original question,
12 it looked like I was the first person to respond.
15 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
16 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
17 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm