From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sets vs Meta ebuilds
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 21:40:24
1 Stop getting lost in the weeds!!!!
2 You all are making this about -c vs -C. I am not talking about that!
3
4 LET ME CLARIFY....
5
6 When using -C, portage SHOULD warn for dependencies like it does for
7 profile and set packages, PERIOD. NOTHING to do with -c vs -C.
8
9 When using -c the output should say in layman's terms,
10 "Not removing package A because it is a dependency"
11
12 Again nothing to do with -c vs -C. So PLEASE stop with that!
13
14 Two things very straightforward and simple. No clue why others keep
15 making this about a use -c vs -C. That does NOT change the lack of
16 warnings or information I am speaking about for BOTH!
17
18 Amazing how things can be off tracked and miss the entire point. I do
19 not care if you use -c or -C. BOTH lack the same warnings and
20 information. That is what I am talking about.
23 William L. Thomson Jr.