From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sets vs Meta ebuilds
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 20:55:42
1 On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 4:47 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
2 <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 15:36:11 -0500
4 > Ben Kohler <bkohler@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>
6 >> If you want dependencies checked, use the correct option which checks
7 >> them. This takes significantly longer than -C, as it's significantly
8 >> more complex to check for.
9 >>
10 >> As far as I can tell, you are literally asking for -C to behave like
11 >> -c, when you could just be using -c instead.
12 >
13 > No I simply want warnings like that exist for profiles and set packages.
14 >
15 > Also more information when attempting to remove a package that is not
16 > removed.
17
18 Well, as was pointed out, doing that comes at a performance cost.
19 Would it not make sense to have an option to skip dependency checks
20 for use in scripts/etc where you know it is safe to do so?
23 Rich