From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News draft #2 for the udev-210 upgrade (was: 209 upgrade)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 13:03:19
1 On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 5:49 AM, Thomas D. <whissi@××××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > I don't see a need for mentioning that the actual configuration is
4 > located in "/lib/systemd/network/..." in the NEWS item.
5
6 I think it makes sense to keep this in. If somebody doesn't like the
7 default persistent naming conventions then they'll either want to
8 disable it entirely or modify it. If they want to disable it, the
9 best way to do it is from the kernel parameters. If they want to
10 modify it, the best way is via the config files. Their location isn't
11 at all intuitive to somebody for which this is NEWS, and assuming no
12 work has been done to date it makes more sense to start there than to
13 start hacking away at the rules.
14
15 Granted, by now any such hacking is long done, but perhaps some who
16 have disabled the rules entirely might now want to consider looking at
17 the config file to see if they can be tamed.
18
19 Rich