From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About current ppc/ppc64 status
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 13:29:01
1 El sáb, 26-07-2014 a las 14:55 +0200, Andreas K. Huettel escribió:
2 > Am Samstag, 26. Juli 2014, 13:56:02 schrieb Pacho Ramos:
3 >
4 > > I guess we will need to wait for the next Council to officially decide
5 > > to do this as it will be a big change for ppc* users :/ (I remember
6 > > their action was needed for the move to testing of some arches and the
7 > > "package-by-package" proposal for others)
8 > >
9 > > Also, I am not sure if any other arch teams (sparc, ia64?) would want to
10 > > get this policy too :| (I got ppc* because this concrete case ;))
11 >
12 > At first this is an arch team decision. No need for the council.
13 >
14 > (Given that in this case there is a responsive and addressable arch team...)
15 >
16 > --
17 >
18 > Andreas K. Huettel
19 > Gentoo Linux developer
20 > dilfridge@g.o
21 > http://www.akhuettel.de/
24 The problem is that blueness looks to be the only member currently
25 replying :/, I have checked their page and I see no team lead or
26 similar. Then, I am not sure how to get the ok to proceed or not :| (to
27 prevent this from getting stalled and we keep trying stabilizing all the
28 things).
29
30 I remember from older thread (one related with udev stabilization), that
31 blueness was also the only one replying.