From: Joshua Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for net-dns/ldapdns
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 16:02:43
1 On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 23:47:51 -0600
2 Victor Ostorga <vostorga@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Yes, it will be needed to remove the doc.
5 >
6 > > Is there a compatible drop-in replacement that will allow us to
7 > > s/ldapdns/foo throughout the guide?
8 >
9 > Unfortunately, I don't know an exact replacemente for ldapdns, at some
10 > point I heard about a LDAP sdb back-end for BIND 9 [1], but don't know
11 > if it is still functional.
12 >
13 > [1] http://bind9-ldap.bayour.com/
14
15 Well, without documentation on how to use it, we can't do anything, so I just removed the LDAP DNS guide entirely. RESO FIXED from the GDP.