From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] SRC_URI behaviour
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 13:06:52
1 On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Diego Elio Pettenò
2 <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
3 > It's just not going to happen as long as I got CVS access, it's not a threat
4 > or a grandstanding, it's a simple boolean logic statement.
5
6 That IS grandstanding. I'm not saying I disagree with the position
7 you advocate, but saying "do it my way or I'll quit" is basically
8 saying that reasoning besides the community has to add to the balance
9 of the choice their desire to have your contributions.
10
11 At work just about every boss I have had any respect for would have
12 fired me on the spot for making such a statement and not retracting it
13 (regardless of whether they ended up making the decision I was
14 advocating for). They'd have been right to do so - the cost to an
15 organization of tolerating such behavior is higher than the benefits
16 any individual can offer.
17
18 It is possible to agree with your argument and fault your
19 communication style at the same time.
20
21 Rich