From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP-0062: updated version for review
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 16:14:30
1 On 09/29/2012 02:42 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Following the late discussion, I have updated GLEP-62. It no longer is
5 > designed to be 'backwards compatible' and instead it was suited for
6 > addition in a new EAPI.
7 >
8 > Thus, IUSE_RUNTIME is now independent of IUSE, and runtime dependencies
9 > can be expressed in SDEPEND only.
10
11 Thanks, these changes make it much more manageable. Trying to do
12 something like this retroactively for existing EAPIs is just a mess.
13
14 > There's still a case of REQUIRED_USE. I'm not really convinced to
15 > create a REQUIRED_RUNTIME_USE especially for it. Also, it may be
16 > actually better to put all IUSE_RUNTIME flags to IUSE as well -- since
17 > the package manager will after all be required to concatenate them
18 > anyway.
19
20 Will runtime flags be able to interact with buildtime flags then? It
21 seems like it could be useful, so it we should probably allow it. Sure,
22 people could write some expressions that don't make sense, but that's
23 already the case with REQUIRED_USE.
24 --
25 Thanks,
26 Zac