From: Stewart <bdlists@×××××.org>
To: solar@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] apache.eclass proposed
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 00:13:01
1 Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > After writing a net-www/ ebuild it seemed apparent to me that we are
3 > going to need an apache.eclass. A quick find in portage reveals quite a
4 > few independent ebuilds all needing the basic functionality that could
5 > be provided by an apache.eclass
6
7 Absolutely. I'm presently maintaining a couple net-www ebuilds and found
8 it annoying that the default HTDOCS folder was assumed. I'd rather see a
9 unified eclass file than a kludge in every ebuild.
10
11 Most everything looks great, and I'd love to begin testing this. I've
12 got three production and half a dozen test servers at my disposal with
13 various combinations of Apache and Squid installed that I'd be able to
14 toy with at the moment.
17 Stewart Honsberger
18 http://blackdeath.snerk.org/
19 "Capitalists, by nature, organize to protect themselves.
20 -- Geeks, by nature, resist organizaion."
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list