From: Evan Read <eread@×××××××××.org>
To: wes chow <wes@×××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proper Gentoo Name (was License criteria for Gentoo)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 20:45:08
1 I agree, but I wouldn't find it useful anymore. I find the Linux kernel
2 useful for many of the things that run on it alone (usually non-free
3 software). Otherwise I would prolly use a BSD (I prefer the dev model) ;).
4
5 Gentoo needs Linux otherwise 3 people will use it. Linux is why people
6 use it.
7
8 Even a BSD kernel would not be as usefull (except in certain performance
9 criteria).
10
11 All of these may be additions and choices, I guess. Be Gentoo's strength
12 is Linux more than portage. To me (and probably me alone ;).
13
14 Evan.