From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Glibc, non-glibc and external libs
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:25:09
1 On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 08:18:30 +0200
2 "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Anyway, I prefer avoid having to mess with profiles in this way, as
5 > our profile already needs a lot more loving than the base ones as atm
6 > we don't inherit from them (profiles in overlays can't inherit
7 > profiles's in main portdir), adding more cruft over this is going to
8 > be a great problem to maintain.
9
10 They can inherit from $PORTDIR profiles, assuming that you know t
11 he values of $PORTDIR and $PORTDIR_OVERLAY, just figure the relative
12 path out. Of course that's a problem if you can't rely on defaults and
13 a cleaner solution is needed anyway (probably coming with profiles2).
14
15 Marius
20 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
21 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.