From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Glibc, non-glibc and external libs
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 06:22:41
1 On Thursday 16 June 2005 07:58, Duncan wrote:
2 > So... what about kicking off the virtual process now, but put
3 > it in the profile temporarily as well, avoiding having to wait for the
4 > virtual process, with a comment on the profile entry reminding you to
5 > review it with an eye for removal if the virtual process is done, say for
6 > 2006.0.
7 Well as Gentoo/FreeBSD isn't even released I can't say what I need to do for
8 2006.0... always if we're going to follow Gentoo's releases instead of
9 FreeBSD's ones, I'd actually tend for the latter because their base system
10 releases are quite tight between them.
11
12 Anyway, I prefer avoid having to mess with profiles in this way, as our
13 profile already needs a lot more loving than the base ones as atm we don't
14 inherit from them (profiles in overlays can't inherit profiles's in main
15 portdir), adding more cruft over this is going to be a great problem to
16 maintain.
19 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
20 Gentoo Developer (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64)
21
22 http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/