From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Status of GLEP 16
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 21:28:48
1 On Mon, 03 May 2004 23:13:07 +0200 foser <foser@g.o> wrote:
2 | > Also of note, if upstream rejects your
3 | > patch, you'll end up maintaining it for life, updating as often as
4 | > upstream moves a few things in their own menu code.
5 |
6 | That's why the patch to the WM code should be minimal and it should
7 | re-use as much available code as possible. But I assume most WM's will
8 | actually be positive towards moving to the xdg spec and see it as an
9 | overall improvement as well. I don't think these patches will get
10 | rejected.
11
12 The Fluxbox people are basically saying they're only interested if it
13 doesn't introduce another major dependency. One of the ideas behind the
14 lightweight WMs is that they don't require everything-plus-kitchen-sink.
17 Ciaran McCreesh, Gentoo XMLcracy Member G03X276
18 (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes)
19 Mail: ciaranm at gentoo.org
20 Web: http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm