From: matthew@×××××××.nz
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Installing over dial up
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 22:43:18
1 Hi, I was looking through the installation instructions, and it seems that Gentoo expects your computer to be connected to a
2 network with an Internet gateway running for the initial install/setup.
3
4 Does Gentoo allow you to use a modem to download the packages? I'm a humble home user with only 56K dial up you see :-)
5 (I can download and burn the ISO at work, but the PC I'll be installing it on is at home.)
6
7 It's a bog standard General Robotics external modem that's worked happily used with Mandrake in the past.
8
9 Cheers,
10 Matt.