From: Jim Ramsay <lack@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in rox-base/rox: ChangeLog rox-2.7-r2.ebuild
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 17:23:15
1 Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 15:05 Mon 17 Dec , Jim Ramsay (lack) wrote:
3 > > lack 07/12/17 15:05:57
4 > > IUSE="+svg +video"
5 >
6 > svg already defaults on for all the desktop profiles, so I'm not
7 > really sure what that's gaining you.
8
9 Good point, removed '+' there
10
11 > > RDEPEND=">=x11-libs/gtk+-2.4
12 > > >=dev-libs/glib-2.2
13 > > >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.4.23
14 > > >=x11-misc/shared-mime-info-0.14
15 > > svg? ( gnome-base/librsvg )
16 > > !ppc? ( rox-base/mime-editor
17 > > rox-base/thumbs
18 > > video? ( rox-extra/videothumbnail ) )"
19 >
20 > PPC users aren't supposed to get this stuff? If not, is it even a
21 > real dependency?
22
23 I'm waiting on bug 201983 for ppc to keyword those ebuilds. They are
24 semi-optional runtime dependencies. I'll explain further:
25
26 There are buttons in the ROX application's "options" window which
27 launch each of these applications. Thus they are not *strictly*
28 required for basic operation, but are required for all the buttons in
29 the app to actually work. videothumbnail is USE-dependent because it
30 needs either mplayer or totem, neither of which are very quick to
31 install. The other two however (mime-editor and thumbs) are reasonably
32 simple python apps that really only take a second or so to download and
33 install.
34
35 > > (cd src; make clean) > /dev/null
36 >
37 > Subshells are icky.
38
39 I agree, replaced them all with pushd/popd instead.
40
41 > > chmod 0755 "${D}/usr/bin/${WRAPPERNAME}"
42 > > chmod 0755 "${D}/usr/bin/${WRAPPERNAME}uri"
43 >
44 > fperms?
45
46 Ah yes. Done.
47
48 > > make_desktop_entry ${WRAPPERNAME} ${APPNAME} ${APPNAME}.png
49 > > "System;Utility;Core;ROX"
50 >
51 > Thought I saw something about desktop entries dropping the suffix for
52 > the icon, but I don't recall the details.
53
54 Yes, this is correct. I have removed it. Also technically speaking
55 there is no 'ROX' category (any more?) so I have removed it as well and
56 made it better match the defined menu categories.
59 Jim Ramsay
60 Gentoo/Linux Developer (rox,gkrellm)