From: Sven Blumenstein <me@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Slightly off-topic, just need to say this
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 20:28:58
1 On Tue, 6 May 2003 20:29:26 +0100
2 Thomas Horsten <thomas@×××××××.com> wrote:
5 > What an amazingly cool distribution and what a great job you guys
6 > have done :)
9 I fully agree. Had the same feelings as you when I first tried Gentoo. And I tried almost every major Linux distro before (Progeny Debian, Mandrake, RedHat, SuSE [eek!]) but always felt back to Windows :/
10
11 When I first installed, I was positive suprised that I can start off such a minimal system and install only the tools I really want (_one_ texteditor, _one_ windowmanager etc.).
12
13 Gentoo includes is the perfect mix of easy software installation, clean system structure, geek-factor (self compiled software) and speed (see geek-factor) :)
14
15 Keep up the great work!
16
17 Sven