From: Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deprecating repoman
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 00:18:11
1 On Wed, Mar 9, 2022, at 17:32 CST, Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > I think you just made that number up :)
4
5 Nah. My sample was just bad (ago just made a sizable number of commits.
6
7 I would estimate the current usage of repoman to be about 20-25%, down
8 from well over 80-90% back when we just switched to git:
9
10 https://tamiko.43-1.org/temp/repoman-usage.pdf
11
12 >> For example, dev-util/pkgdev was suggested as an alternative, but I
13 >> cannot assess whether this is indeed a viable alternative.
14 >
15 > Why not?
16
17 Because I haven't used it so far.
18
19 > Give it a try.
20
21 Absolutely, the faster I can ditch repoman, the better.
22
23 Best,
24 Matthias