From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package errors
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 22:30:00
1 On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 01:44:52AM -0000, michael nazaroff wrote:
2 > Um, sorry I've gotten distracted....but I tried to run avi-xmms again after
3 > unmerging xmms and few gnome and remerging those and that fixed the problem!
4 > I'm sure you don't mind though and it works fine here. I think what
5 > happened is I merged in xmms but unmerged some of gnome because I just
6 > wanted xmms instead of all of gnome, and then tried to merge in avi-xmms and
7 > something was not sitting right with the system. But it works fine now....
8
9 In the future, you *should* be able to avoid this problem by removing "gnome"
10 from your USE variable in /etc/make.conf. Then, no optional gnome support will
11 be compiled-in to apps; this will also mean that many things will no longer
12 depend on gnome, making your life easier.
13
14 Best Regards,
17 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
18 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org