From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About current ppc/ppc64 status
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 19:50:47
1 El vie, 25-07-2014 a las 15:38 -0400, Anthony G. Basile escribió:
2 > On 07/25/14 15:28, Pacho Ramos wrote:
3 > > That is the reason for me thinking that maybe the way to go would be to
4 > > do the opposite -> keep only base-system and a few others stable and
5 > > drop stable for most of the rest. This big effort could be accomplished
6 > > in a week by other developers willing to help (like me) and would solve
7 > > the issue for the long term. I guess that is what HPPA team did in the
8 > > past and I think it's working pretty well for them (in summary, have a
9 > > stable tree they are able to keep stable). That will also help people in
10 > > ppc* teams to know that the remaining stabilization bugs, apart of being
11 > > much less, are important enough to deserve rapid attention, as opposed
12 > > to current situation that will have some important bugs mixed with tons
13 > > of stabilization requests of apps that got ppc stable keywords years ago
14 > > and are currently no so important.
17 > Yes, please let's just do base system stable. I've been randomly taking
18 > care of ppc but nothing systematic. Its pretty spotty. But at the same
19 > time I don't like the idea of just loosing all the stabilization effort
20 > on the base system, so that might work best. Something to think about
21 > for mips too.
25 Nice, one think we would need to discuss is what do we consider base
26 system :/
27
28 I guess packages maintained by base-system, toolchain and... xorg-server
29 and co... what more
30
31 Not sure if we could have a list of current stable tree for ppc*, once
32 do we have that list, ppc* teams can drop from that list what they want
33 and we get a new list that will be the final result. What do you think
34 about that?