From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ssuominen@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Warn users not to do separate /usr partition without proper initramfs in the handbook?
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 15:47:22
1 On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 17:10:27 +0300
2 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > * Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto schrieb am 01.08.11 um 11:19 Uhr:
5 > > I agree with Eray. Furthermore, please stop trying to reverse "the
6 > > game". It's those that want to break existing policies and
7 > > conventions that have to justify why they want to do that, not
8 > > those that want to keep using what has worked for years.
9 >
10 > I wouldn't call the current static -workarounds, and files from /
11 > using files from /usr, neither a clean solution or working
12
13 Not to mention there are no 'libexec' nor 'share' directories in
14 rootfs which means files get randomly misplaced. And I don't really
15 think that introducing new directories in / is a good solution.
16
17 One thing we should consider as well is /opt. It seems like moving data
18 from it into /usr should be a good idea too. This is also annoying to
19 separate /usr users wanting to have a small rootfs -- as they either
20 have to hack /opt out of rootfs or introduce just an another filesystem
21 for it.
24 Best regards,
25 Michał Górny