From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 02:37:45
1 On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 03:32 +0200, Lars Weiler wrote:
2 > * Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o> [05/06/28 18:14 -0500]:
3 > > I'm just getting ansty about all these new people we're bringing
4 >
5 > "New people"? You're joking, aren't you? Some of them are
6 > moderators for even a longer time than you are a Gentoo Dev.
7
8 I wasn't directing that comment at the forum mods. I rarely use the
9 forums anymore because of how busy I am, but I know that all the mods
10 work hard (and probably harder than some of our 'official' devs). I was
11 mainly talking about the rate of new people we've been bringing on in
12 the past year. Most have been great, but I just get concerned when
13 numbers become more important than quality (Not saying thats the case
14 here, its just something to watch out for).
17 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
18 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
19
20 ---
21 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
22 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
23
24 ramereth/irc.freenode.net