From: Peter Weber <peterle@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Missing: Universal-CD - Gentoo discriminates shell and networkless users
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 18:47:15
1 Hello, I am very glad to here that a complet networkless install via a
2 stage3 on the dvd without the installer would be possible again!
3
4 But why you write always something about the distfiles? Are there users
5 who want this? I really don't know.
6 I personally, think in the same way like you!
7 It is unecessary, because we got every week new ebuilds und useflags, if
8 someone would a total customized system he need to load alle sources
9 (stage1 or save it on the hdd before installation).
10
11 But to include the sources need simply too much space. I also think it
12 it enough to deliver only one stage3 (i686 on the x86-disk, x86-64 on
13 amd64-disk...).
14
15 Greetz