From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] CVS archive?
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:14:49
1 On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 07:39:49PM -0800 or thereabouts, Drake Wyrm wrote:
2 > Load on the server itself, or load on the available bandwidth?
3
4 Load on the server.
5
6 > If load on the server was the issue, perhaps Gentoo could set up a
7 > separate machine for pserver access. Speaking on my own behalf, and
8 > probably hordes of other dev-wannabes: greater access to the CVS trees
9 > would be highly spiffy.
10
11 If anyone wants to donate the hardware for this purpose, I will happily set
12 it up. Until then, cvs will be limited to the development team only.
13
14 Please note that our current cvs server is a dual xeon w/ U160 SCSI drives.
15 It handles the load of our development team, but barely. Thus, someone's
16 extra P233 sitting in the closet won't be of much use to us -- it has to be
17 a real machine.
18
19 --kurt