From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] CVS archive?
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 03:32:26
1 On Wed, 2004-03-10, 21:54:06 -0500, in
2 <200403102154.06348.vapier@g.o>, Mike Frysinger
3 <vapier@g.o> wrote:
4 > On Wednesday 10 March 2004 09:48 pm, Paul Smith wrote:
5 > > What is the magic incantation to allow me to check out (anonymous) a
6 > > copy of the Portage source tree (gentoo-src/portage)?
7 >
8 > there is none, it's been turned off because it caused too high a load
9 > ... it slowed down development severly
10
11 Load on the server itself, or load on the available bandwidth?
12
13 If load on the server was the issue, perhaps Gentoo could set up a
14 separate machine for pserver access. Speaking on my own behalf, and
15 probably hordes of other dev-wannabes: greater access to the CVS trees
16 would be highly spiffy.
19 Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
20 Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.
21 --Ghost in the Shell