From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] CVS archive?
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 03:40:57
1 * Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com> [04/03/10 19:39 -0800]:
2 > If load on the server was the issue, perhaps Gentoo could set up a
3 > separate machine for pserver access. Speaking on my own behalf, and
4 > probably hordes of other dev-wannabes: greater access to the CVS trees
5 > would be highly spiffy.
6
7 I think, only access to special modules are by interest,
8 like the gentoo- (with all the tools) and doc-module (with
9 all the documentation for translators). gentoo-x86 is the
10 portage-tree, that could be easier and faster updated by
11 rsync.
12
13 There is an option with viewcvs that you can create
14 tar-balls from the current directory. Maybe it's possible
15 to enable it only for special directories?
16
17 Regards, Lars