From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New network config for baselayout-ng
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 11:05:27
1 On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 10:38:04 +0000
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 11:32:20 +0100 Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
5 > wrote:
6 > | Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
7 > | > Which is all very well, but not sufficient reason to screw up a
8 > | > project that is developed and used by a lot of people.
9 > |
10 > | As if we were all gonna die without bash arrays in our config files.
11 >
12 > If you'd care to read the thread, you'd see that rather a lot of
13 > people are making use of that functionality. There needs to be a
14 > better reason for changing it (again) than "three people are using
15 > Gentoo well outside of what it's designed to do and don't want to
16 > install bash".
17
18 Who said that there would be loss of functionality?
19
20 I'm just suggesting a new config while supporting the old one.
21 old config requires bash - and as Gentoo/Linux installed /bin/sh as
22 symlink to bash it will still work.
23
24 Obviously there would be some sort of setting to handle this.
25 At this point I'm favouring a USE flag which controls which net scripts
26 get installed.
27
28 Thanks
29