From: "Aaron W. Swenson" <titanofold@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Eclasses: postgres and postgres-multi
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 21:56:51
1 On 2016-01-12 21:57, Manuel Rüger wrote:
2 > On 12.01.2016 20:22, Aaron W. Swenson wrote:
3 > > There are several ebuilds that repeat the same checks and need to
4 > > perform the same duties when it comes to working with PostgreSQL. For
5 > > example, making sure the users' currently slot is compatible with the
6 > > ebuild requirements. postgres.eclass addresses this and has
7 > > additional conveniences to build a dependency string and add a new user
8 > > into the postgres system group.
9 > >
10 > > Additionally, as most of you are aware, we have a slot capable
11 > > dev-db/postgresql. There is some difficulty that needed to be resolved
12 > > so that extensions could also be installed into multiple slots, which is
13 > > addressed by postgres-multi.eclass.
14 > >
15 > > I've an overlay at:
16 > > https://github.com/titanofold/titanofold-gentoo-x86
17 > >
18 > > With the pgsql-eclass branch containing the eclass and a postgres-multi
19 > > enabled PostGIS.
20 > >
21 > > Naturally, the eclasses work for me, so far.
22 > >
23 > > For your convenience, I've also attached the eclasses.
26 > You might wanna add some quotes around the variables in that line:
27 > enewuser $1 $2 $3 $4 ${groups}
28 >
29 > Cheers,
30 >