From: "Manuel RĂ¼ger" <mrueg@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Eclasses: postgres and postgres-multi
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 20:58:13
1 On 12.01.2016 20:22, Aaron W. Swenson wrote:
2 > There are several ebuilds that repeat the same checks and need to
3 > perform the same duties when it comes to working with PostgreSQL. For
4 > example, making sure the users' currently slot is compatible with the
5 > ebuild requirements. postgres.eclass addresses this and has
6 > additional conveniences to build a dependency string and add a new user
7 > into the postgres system group.
8 >
9 > Additionally, as most of you are aware, we have a slot capable
10 > dev-db/postgresql. There is some difficulty that needed to be resolved
11 > so that extensions could also be installed into multiple slots, which is
12 > addressed by postgres-multi.eclass.
13 >
14 > I've an overlay at:
15 > https://github.com/titanofold/titanofold-gentoo-x86
16 >
17 > With the pgsql-eclass branch containing the eclass and a postgres-multi
18 > enabled PostGIS.
19 >
20 > Naturally, the eclasses work for me, so far.
21 >
22 > For your convenience, I've also attached the eclasses.
25 You might wanna add some quotes around the variables in that line:
26 enewuser $1 $2 $3 $4 ${groups}
27
28 Cheers,
29