From: Caleb Tennis <caleb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Modular X plans
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 12:41:16
1 On Monday 08 August 2005 08:14 pm, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > If you could bring up some specific examples, we could discuss them.
3
4 Sure. Qt has optional support for xkb, tablet, fontconfig, xrender, xrandr,
5 xcursor, xinerama (already a use flag), xshape, and xsm.
6
7 I'd really hate to add 8 more use flags for those things. I find it fairly
8 hard to believe that a user would want to, for example, configre xrender and
9 xcursor but not xrandr.
10
11 My *thought* here is why not let the Qt ebuild rely on the base packages of X,
12 and if these other packages are also installed ahead of time, then configure
13 support for them as well, but don't make them use flag deps.
14
15 Something like:
16
17 if xcursor is installed
18 turn on xcursor support
19 DEPEND+=xcursor
20 fi
21
22 I'm sure someone will cast me as a heretic, but I think this is much more
23 elegant than 8 more use flags.
24 --
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list