From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Soliciting input for a non-maintainer update (NMU) GLEP
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 17:59:21
1 On Saturday 22 June 2013 06:20:22 Michael Weber wrote:
2 > But in every single metadata? Can I get a script for my 160 personal
3 > edits, pls?
4
5 that's why the default is "do it". if you don't trust other people to do it,
6 then yes, you get pain in having to maintain all your metadata.xml files with
7 your preferences.
8
9 if your concern is that a package requires special care (make sure you do XYZ
10 before bumping), then that's a different issue. a comment at the top of the
11 ebuild seems sufficient.
12 -mike