From: tigger@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [caleb@gentoo.org: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo and the FHS]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:49:56
1 On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 01:23:27PM +0000, tigger@g.o wrote:
2 > sorry, replied only to Caleb by mistake the first time...
3
4 oh ffs. how lame am I. Didn't include my reply...
5
6 Sorry folks, not enough coffee this morning...
7
8 > The FHS 2.3 will be released soon. Some of the more controversial ideas stem
9 > from the addition of /srv and /media to the root filesystem. Debian recently
10 > put out some feelers to get an opinion on how they wanted to address these
11 > proposed changes. I suggest Gentoo does the same.
12
13 While I don't care either way about /media (whats wrong with /mnt?) I
14 think /srv is a great idea.
15
16 I think /var/www and /var/lib/mysql are candidates for being moved for a
17 start. You should be able to wipe /var without breaking your system,
18 just logs and re-creatable caches.
19
20 Maybe glep 11 should be updated to aim towards using /srv/www?
21
22 Cheers,
23
24 Rob
27 rob holland - [ tigger@g.o ]
28 irc://irc.freenode.net/#gentoo as tigger^
29 http://dev.gentoo.org/~tigger/tigger@××××××××××.asc