From: George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introducing the Proctors - Draft Code of Conduct for Gentoo
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:55:46
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 16:00 +0100, Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Uhh, no. This gets enforced on devs and users alike.
5 >>>
6 >> I wouldn't bring it up in the first place, but we've had previous examples
7 >> with devs calling other devs not so kind things and to my knowledge it didn't
8 >> result in any action. I seem to remember a rather active dev taking it not so
9 >> lightly, resulting in one less dev and no action from Devrel/Council.
12 > What exactly do previous examples have to do with us saying that our
13 > past efforts didn't work and our trying to come up with a *new* way of
14 > doing these things to not repeat past problems/mistakes?
15 >
16 > Let me just clarify this.
17 >
18 > We don't care how things were done in the past. We are looking
19 > *forward* and trying to come up with the best solution from here on out.
22 >>> I look at anything with a gentoo.org address as our house. While some
23 >>> might disagree with this statement, I'm pretty sure this is the stance
24 >>> we're taking on it.
25 >>>
26 >> So this doesn't apply to the Gentoo IRC channels?
29 > *sigh*
30 >
31 > I wasn't aware that I would have to spell out everything. How about
32 > this, then?
33 >
34 > EVERYTHING with gentoo.org or #gentoo-* in it? Is that good enough?
35 >
36 > (Looking forward to the day when we don't have to be so damned pedantic
37 > in everything that we write.)
40 I would like to point you #4 in the CoC draft - "*Being judgmental,
41 mean-spirited or insulting.* It is possible to challenge someone
42 (respectfully, of course), in a way that empowers without being
43 judgemental."
44
45 ;) George
49 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list