From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introducing the Proctors - Draft Code of Conduct for Gentoo
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 19:01:39
1 On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 16:00 +0100, Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen wrote:
2 > > Uhh, no. This gets enforced on devs and users alike.
3 > I wouldn't bring it up in the first place, but we've had previous examples
4 > with devs calling other devs not so kind things and to my knowledge it didn't
5 > result in any action. I seem to remember a rather active dev taking it not so
6 > lightly, resulting in one less dev and no action from Devrel/Council.
7
8 What exactly do previous examples have to do with us saying that our
9 past efforts didn't work and our trying to come up with a *new* way of
10 doing these things to not repeat past problems/mistakes?
11
12 Let me just clarify this.
13
14 We don't care how things were done in the past. We are looking
15 *forward* and trying to come up with the best solution from here on out.
16
17 > > I look at anything with a gentoo.org address as our house. While some
18 > > might disagree with this statement, I'm pretty sure this is the stance
19 > > we're taking on it.
20 >
21 > So this doesn't apply to the Gentoo IRC channels?
22
23 *sigh*
24
25 I wasn't aware that I would have to spell out everything. How about
26 this, then?
27
28 EVERYTHING with gentoo.org or #gentoo-* in it? Is that good enough?
29
30 (Looking forward to the day when we don't have to be so damned pedantic
31 in everything that we write.)
34 Chris Gianelloni
35 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
36 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
37 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
38 Gentoo Foundation