From: X dej <dreplaceelettereejbyeletterea@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Functional portage with namespace (Was: Integrating Portage with other package managers)
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 13:12:40
1 2018-03-09 1:46 UTC+01:00, Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>:
2 > Just a side node, this seems to be the ultimate sandbox we (Gentoo and
3 > portage) are after. With this, we might even be able to have portage
4 > full functional: a build is completely determined and only determined by
5 > the dependencies and USE flags.
6
7 If you want to have reproducible binaries, you may also want to alter the clock
8 of the sandbox system.
9
10 Suggestions:
11
12 At start, set the date as EPOCH (i.e., in 1970).
13
14 Each time a file date seems to be set in the future (by tar, ...), set the date
15 of the sandbox system to that date plus a milisecond.
16
17 Each time a file is created or touched, advance the date of the sandbox system
18 by one milisecond.
19
20 Xdej