From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] guidline to set a timeline of removal of ebuild from stable tree
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:27:43
1 cilly kirjoitti:
2 > On Jun 12, 2007, at 12:48 PM, Luca Barbato wrote:
3 >
4 >> Keep in mind that the trade off is :
5 >>
6 >> - our time
7 >> - our sanity
8 >> - what provide to our used
9 >> - the quality of what we provide to out users.
10 >>
11 >> We all try our best to not burn out while serving you the best we could
12 >> think.
13 >
14 > Does it make such a difference if ebuilds are kept for a few weeks?
15
16 Nope and they should usually be kept but we can't make a hard rule
17 because there are cases where the old ebuilds don't work any more. If
18 you find that a broken version slipped the cracks of the arch teams and
19 made it to stable with the old version removed, file a bug to
20 bugs.gentoo.org and hopefully the maintainer learns from his/her mistake
21 of removing it too soon. If the maintainer keeps on doing the same
22 thing, then you can try to escalate things to qa/devrel. If you are
23 using ~arch, then encountering some broken stuff is fully expected, just
24 file a bug and the maintainer is expected to react in a timely manner.
25
26 Regards,
27 Petteri