From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] SRC_URI behaviour
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 13:34:35
1 >>>>> On Sat, 15 Jun 2013, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 >> Over my dead CVS access.
4
5 > Grandstanding aside, it is probably best to take this in chunks.
6
7 > The all-or-nothing fetch restriction control does seem like a good
8 > place to start improving. I could certainly see where that could
9 > create needless problems. It just hasn't been much of an issue
10 > because fetch restriction is rare. Mirror restriction is likely a
11 > bigger problem even if it is somewhat user-invisible. Do we really
12 > want to hammer something like dev.gentoo.org for patches that aren't
13 > properly mirrored because the original source cannot be?
14
15 Trying to get this thread back on track: This part was already
16 proposed in bug 371413. I guess the main problem is to come up with a
17 good syntax for SRC_URI or RESTRICT.
18
19 "restrict+http:" (as suggested by the OP) is probably not enough
20 because it doesn't distinguish between fetch and mirror restriction.
21
22 Ulrich