From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] SRC_URI behaviour
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 12:12:22
1 On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Diego Elio Pettenò
2 <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
3 >
4 > On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov <mva@×××.name>
5 > wrote:
8 >> And, moreover, I guess, SRC_URI can even be used for VCS:
9 >>
10 >> SRC_URI="
11 >> git+ssh://github.com/lol/moo.git
12 >> hg+ssh://bitbucket.org/lol/moo
13 >> svn+ssh://assembla.com/lol/moo
14 >> "
15 >
16 > Over my dead CVS access.
17
18 Grandstanding aside, it is probably best to take this in chunks.
19
20 The all-or-nothing fetch restriction control does seem like a good
21 place to start improving. I could certainly see where that could
22 create needless problems. It just hasn't been much of an issue
23 because fetch restriction is rare. Mirror restriction is likely a
24 bigger problem even if it is somewhat user-invisible. Do we really
25 want to hammer something like dev.gentoo.org for patches that aren't
26 properly mirrored because the original source cannot be?
27
28 Rich