From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ACE gcc and libc dependency
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 11:25:54
1 On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 7:15 PM, Mike Gilbert <floppymaster@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 11:53 AM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
4 > <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
5 > > On 5/3/11 5:27 PM, Kfir Lavi wrote:
6 > >> In the ebuild there is no mention of runtime dependency like gcc or
7 > glibc.
8 > >
9 > > See
10 > > <
11 > http://devmanual.gentoo.org/general-concepts/dependencies/index.html#implicit-system-dependency
14 > >> Why sys-devel/gcc don't have a library version without the actual
15 > compiler?
16 > >
17 > > This question may be a bit hard to understand, at least for me.
21 > Other distros package libstdc++ separately from gcc. On Gentoo, the
22 > one package (sys-devel/gcc) provides both.
23 >
24 > Maybe we should add a new USE flag that will install just the libraries.
25 (USE="justlibs")
26
27 Kfir